Re: [exim] Sending _to_ a specific IP

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending _to_ a specific IP
On 31/07/18 05:51, Klaus Ethgen via Exim-users wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a strange problem. I want to send a mail to eclipsim.com but they
> have a complete broken DNS setup.
>
> [nip]
>
> Is there a way to overwrite (like `exim -Mar`) the IP where to send the
> mail?

You can route specific emails to any servers you would like; you're
essentially creating a smarthost for a single domain instead of
requiring it to use dns for routing.

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_manualroute_router.html

So before your dns routing router, add a new manualroute router which
picks up the broken domain and sends it to the know IP addresses of
working servers.

Probably not something to leave permanently the config though as the
recipient is likely to make changes down the track.