Re: [exim] UTF8 support wreaking havoc with temporary deferr…

Author: Jeremy Harris
Subject: Re: [exim] UTF8 support wreaking havoc with temporary deferrals

On 3 July 2018 17:32:23 CEST, Dean Brooks via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>However, Exim appears to still accept utf8 messages even if they aren't
>advertised at EHLO time. I assume this is due to misbehaving senders
>as these messages appear to all be spam.

You should be able to inspect the SMTP mail command in the mail ACL. Presumably it has an smtputf8 modifier. Deny based on that.

Probably you're right that Exim should do that for you; please raise a bug.

Afraid I cannot think about the rest of the effects you describe as I'm away from my development facilities.
--
Jeremy