[exim] How Does One Stop the Warning: No server cert-- messa…

Author: Martin McCormick
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] How Does One Stop the Warning: No server cert-- messages?

/var/log/exim4/mainlog has 166 of it's 305 lines occupied with:

Warning: No server certificate defined; will use a selfsigned one.
Suggested action: either install a certificate or change tls_advertise_hosts option

I would truly love to do that as this system doesn't need to
authenticate incoming TLS connections but I have tried going to
/etc/exim4/main/tmp/03_exim4-config_tlsoptions
to make the warning go away and nothing changes. Originally, the
setting was

MAIN_TLS_ADVERTISE_HOSTS = *

    I tried nothing after =, a ! after = and the English word
'none'. I also generated a self-signed certificate to try to make
the program happy but nothing, so far, has made the warnings go
away.
    Many thanks for any easily-reversible fix.

Martin McCormick