Re: [exim] rewrite incorrect date headers from email clients

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rewrite incorrect date headers from email clients
On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 01:12:14AM +0200, Sebastian Nielsen wrote:
> 2: Yeah, but many clients handle date: header astonishly bad too. For
> example sorting the email by date: header instead of actual received
> date, which messes up sorting if the date: header in mail is just a
> few hours or Days off. So fixing the date: header is a good thing,

If user does not want this behaviour, just configure other sorting
method in his client.

If you change date header then you are delivering something different from
the original message, i.e. FALSE information, without any notification
to user. I think it's completely inacceptable.

> The second one just inserts a date header if the original mail misses one.

Exim inserts date header automatically unless "suppress_local_fixups"
is set to true.
--
Eugene Berdnikov