Re: [exim] setting up purchased SSL certificates on existing…

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] setting up purchased SSL certificates on existing system
On 2018-04-30, Gary Stainburn via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> This has to be so simple but I can't get my head round it.

Basically what I do is put all thwe components in a single file
key, certificate, and chain and then point exim at that file.
the software allows you to have several files but it's not a
requirement.

> My problem is that from my SSL certificate purchase I have an "Intermediate
> Certificate" and a 'SSL Certificate'. The second of which is apparently
> formatted for web software including Apache. I did not receive any key files.

Exim uses PEM format certificates (ASCII headers and base64
data)

Just put the intermeidate certificate (or "chain of trust") into the
same file as the certificate. if you have it configured with the key
in a separate file you can continue with that configuration keeping
the key separate.

--
     ت