Re: [exim] Exim 4.91 and eximstats

Author: Paul Hecker
To: Mike Brudenell via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.91 and eximstats
Hi Jeremy,

> On 19. Apr 2018, at 17:23, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>
> On 19/04/18 15:59, Paul Hecker via Exim-users wrote:
>> it seems that the eximstats script is not up to date with the current logging of Exim 4.91. In my case it does not catch temporary rejects (for grey listing) of the following form
>>
>> 2018-04-19 14:38:21 1f9AYC-0000P7-Ev H=from.mail.example.com [123.128.22.119] X=TLS1.2:ECDHE_RSA_AES_256_GCM_SHA384:256 CV=no F=<blah@???> temporarily rejected after DATA: Please try again later
>
> I don't see the words "Please try" (with the capital) nor
> "again later" in the source code. This might be your
> configuration.

its the word “after” before “DATA” that breaks the regex. The rest of the logging (in my case “Please try again later”) does not matter.

>> I am not sure if this reject should be counted and printed in the “Temp Rejects” line but have created a patch for the file src/src/eximstats.src b/src/src/eximstats.src (attached).
>
> ".*?" - given the *, the ? is redundant. And then so is the
> rest of the line.

My change to the old parsing was, that I now allow lowercase characters in the word(s) between “temporarily rejected” and “:” (see the if above my change). I did not want to break anything from the old parsing and therefore added another if with a tweaked regex.

>> Maybe someone can have a look at my patch and tell me whether it needs more improvement. I can also create a pull request on GitHub if this is easier…
>
> No pull reqs, please. A bug is fine, here is ok too.

OK

> --
> Cheers,
> Jeremy