Re: [exim] Avast and invalid response from scanner

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Avast and invalid response from scanner
Zitat von Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users <exim-users@???>:

Hello Heiko

> This should result in a defer.

I added /defer_ok to solve this problem, but of course the paniclog
will always receive these errors...

>> It seems that I cannot disable this warning in Avast and I didn't found any
>> option in Exim to disable it.
>> Can someone help me?
>
> The current implementation is quite simple and can't deal well with the
> multiline responses from avast.
>
> But … even with my fix (which gives Exim compatibility with the
> Avast multiline protocol) the message would make it to your logs.
>
> Currently I'm not decided yet how to handle such errors from Avast. As
> it doesn't seem to be an operational error (like permission denied, …)

I solved my problem by just configure the E4BCD_PANICLOG_NOISE
variable in /etc/cron.daily/exim4-base so that these errors will not
be reported anymore.
Ugly solution, but a solution...

Regards
Luca Bertoncello