Re: [exim] Avast and invalid response from scanner

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Avast and invalid response from scanner
Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 14 Mär 2018 15:11:04 CET):
> I added /defer_ok to solve this problem, but of course the paniclog will
> always receive these errors...

I'm not sure, if defer_ok is the right way, except you agree with
getting messages with zip bombs (in your case)

As it is not very clear to me, which conditions lead to an error
reported by Avast, I decided to interpret Avast errors as "please, try
later, I ran into a problem".

I'll rethink, if this messages need to go to the panic log, as it's no
panic at all.

@JGH: What do you think? If the scanner enging returns an error, I'd
tend to see this as a normal "defer", not as a reason to log this as a
panic condition, as Exim is still operational.

--
Heiko