Re: [exim] Again nested LDAP queries...

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Again nested LDAP queries...
On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 09:45:37PM +0100, Marco Gaiarin wrote:

> > is there not in Exim some mechanism to automatically expand (make
> > recursive queries for) DN and LDAP URI values in LDAP results?
>
> AFAIK, no.

If I were an Exim user, I would request such a feature. Granted,
it may not fit in a sufficiently natural way into the Exim
architecture, and so might not be implemented, and yet it is
unfortunate that presently each user must cargo-cult complex
boiler-plate to handle this rather common and mundane task. The
recipes I've seen for this leave plenty of room for errors in
getting the escaping done safely and correctly.

So if there were some way to provide LDAP DN and URI indirection
safely and reliably, that would be something that I think would be
beneficial to LDAP+Exim users.

--
    Viktor.