Re: [exim-dev] clang & Exim 4.90 RC3

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] clang & Exim 4.90 RC3
On 02/12/17 15:16, Richard Clayton via Exim-dev wrote:
> In message <0d1fd44b-f697-def2-5103-2ce1f5c55341@???>, Jeremy
> Harris <jgh@???> writes
>
>> I have built, signed and uploaded RC3 of Exim 4.90 to the ftp site:
>
> it's a continuing disappointment that compiling Exim produces a stream
> of warnings when compiling with clang on a modern FreeBSD (the older
> parts of the codebase are fine ... but more modern additions are not)
>
>> Only stopper bugs will be accepted between now and final release of 4.90.
>
> so too late to supply diffs to fix these warnings (or would you prefer
> some git based process) ???

Not only too late, but unlikely to be accepted. You should choose a
set of compiler options that compile 'C' and not the non-C language
that the modern compiler editions attempt to enforce.

It'd be fair to request that we work out these required sets of
options, and include them as recommendations in the template makefile/s.

> for example this construction requires some faith to code review...
>
>         ... || xxx && !(xxx = checkexpand(xxx...

You don't have faith in the 'C' standards? As far as I can see, that
has a well-defined meaning.

> more significantly:
>
> in transports/smtp.c in the definition of smtp_transport_options_block
> the value of .hosts is defined twice (I wonder what was intended rather
> than the second .hosts ??)

Thanks for pointing this one out. I'll investigate.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy