[exim-dev] clang & Exim 4.90 RC3

Góra strony
Autor: Richard Clayton
Dla: exim-dev
Stare tematy: [exim] Exim 4.90 RC3 uploaded
Temat: [exim-dev] clang & Exim 4.90 RC3
In message <0d1fd44b-f697-def2-5103-2ce1f5c55341@???>, Jeremy
Harris <jgh@???> writes

>I have built, signed and uploaded RC3 of Exim 4.90 to the ftp site:

it's a continuing disappointment that compiling Exim produces a stream
of warnings when compiling with clang on a modern FreeBSD (the older
parts of the codebase are fine ... but more modern additions are not)

>Only stopper bugs will be accepted between now and final release of 4.90.

so too late to supply diffs to fix these warnings (or would you prefer
some git based process) ???

I am more than happy to provide the numerous, but ultimately trivial,
additional braces and brackets needed to ensure to calm down clang
calling attention to bits of code that are probably OK but where there
must be some doubt as to whether the operator precedence (etc) is quite
as the developer imagined

for example this construction requires some faith to code review...

        ... || xxx && !(xxx = checkexpand(xxx...

???

>Possibly this will be the final RC.

more significantly:

in transports/smtp.c in the definition of smtp_transport_options_block
the value of .hosts is defined twice (I wonder what was intended rather
than the second .hosts ??)

--
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755