Re: [exim] Poll: Exim Users Meeting in Germany?

Góra strony
Autor: Hardy
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Poll: Exim Users Meeting in Germany?
On 12.10.2017 11:33, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking about organizing an Exim Users (Admins) meeting in Germany,
> preferrably in Dresden, as I'm living here :) and I can ask a local
> training company for donating some space (depending on the number of
> people, of course).

Mensch Heiko, was für eine geile und auch mutige Idee!!

I'm in professional IT, but only a hobbyist in managing my personal
server for less than a dozen accounts, but I like to believe I do a lot
better-than-average security and anti-spam (without "traditional" tools,
all mine!)
As I am living in Germany, I could attend spontaneously even without my
employer as sponsor :-/

>      · What language do you prefer?

Some people my be anglophobe, but we should not have a problem with
that! Of course we _speak_ English and _code_ ANY!
Rincewind could cry for help in a dozen languages, and just cry in 22 more!

>      · Would you give some talk/presentation/lesson (what about?)?

Perhaps about my way to turn address harvesters as a tool to shoot back
at spam. This is actually a symbiosis with a webserver and would yield
great results if many hosts work together.

 >    [time]

Jan-Mar (while we [Germans] can use up our last year's holidays ;-) for
us Germans. IMHO foreigners would be better of between spring and
summer, but between German holidays!

>      [location]
>      . Where?
>      . Dresden (East Germany, Capital of Saxony, great nature around, Saxon/Bohemian Switzerland)
>      . Berlin (…)
>      · ???

Someone suggested Heidelberg, which definitely has a great charm both to
Germans and foreigners. Somehow this seems to be THE university - or
better students - town of Germany. I live in Hameln, which has medieval
atmosphere and is home to a famous fairy tale (the rat-catcher, the pied
piper). But the location really only matters if you positively bring
spare time. Besides, we could arrange some off-topic activity to make
use of a nice environment. Dresden and surroundings are really nice and
a home-play for Heiko as our tourist-guide, of course ;-)
Otherwise the most important concern is reachability for foreigners
(intl. airport)

> Depending on the audience I can imagine some talks about common Exim
> configuration, maybe we can employ one of the Debian Exim maintainers to
> get more comfortable with the Debian way of Exim configuration ;),
> present solutions, successful integrations, talk about problems, bugs,
> features, future development.

I would prefer the user's side. Best practice in short. And then divided
by subjects: general conf, spam (which has a dozen sub-subjects), av,
proper lookups (which still produce 80% of my conf mistakes), variables,
expressions, an hour of Q&A with developers...
Secondary systems/tools: OS, dns, fail2ban, fw, av...
Wizardry with the exim cli

Good Luck Heiko!
And endurance! You will need it.

Cheers