Re: [exim] Poll: Exim Users Meeting in Germany?

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Poll: Exim Users Meeting in Germany?
Hi!

This is a great idea, and I might show up!

* Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users [2017-10-12 11:33]:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking about organizing an Exim Users (Admins) meeting in Germany,
> preferrably in Dresden, as I'm living here :) and I can ask a local
> training company for donating some space (depending on the number of
> people, of course).
>
> The idea behind:
>
>     · Talk about Exim :)
>     · Meet one or some of the developers
>     · Share your experience or learn from other users

> So, my questions are:
>
>     · Would you attend such a meeting at all?

Yes!

>     · What topics are you interested in?

Good practices regarding security, "deliverability", spam protection,
black lists etc.

>     · What language do you prefer?

Perl.

>     · Would you take a share of the common costs?

Depends... Could be.

>     · Would you give some talk/presentation/lesson (what about?)?

I love ${readsocket, I could show some ways in which I've been using it
during the years.

>     · Would you help organizing such event?

No

>     · Would you like to be a sponsor?

No

>     …

>     [time]
>     · How many days?

2-3

>     · On Weekend or between monday and friday

Weekend is best. Maybe it could be combind with doing something, e.g.
trying to reduce number of test failures on BSD.

>     · When? Spring? Summer? Autumm?

Spring

>     [location]
>     . Where?
>     . Dresden (East Germany, Capital of Saxony, great nature around, Saxon/Bohemian Switzerland)
>     . Berlin (…)
>     · ???

What about Heidelberg?