Re: [exim] 4 issues to fix

Author: The Doctor
To: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [exim] 4 issues to fix
On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 12:25:35AM -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2017-10-06 at 17:50 -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 05:28:43PM -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> > > Current version of the FreeBSD 11 port
> > >
> > > /usr/local/sbin/exim -bd -q1m -C /usr/local/etc/exim/configure.out
>
> Is the Exim binary setuid?
> Is the filesystem mounted nosuid?
> Eg, if zfs: zfs get setuid /usr/local/sbin

This is ufs and the exim binary is set to 1755

> If a program is crashing on a signal on FreeBSD then by default there
> will be a message written to dmesg. If you run dmesg, do you see
> reports of Exim dying?

No.

> > > How is that?
>
> Are you trolling? Seriously? Point 1, the delivery process is dying.a

I am not trolling. dmesg is rather cluttered and no
sign of a process delivery dying trace.

What I am asking is how can it be dying if you cannot see any dmeg trace messages?

> > > Will read
> > >
> > > Basically we just do not need the Originating as, just that it is authenticated
> > > and off it going without being rewirttern.
>
> This is not the first time we've been through this dance.
>
> At some point, you need to put in the effort to learn for yourself, or
> pay someone to do it, instead of relying upon volunteers on the Internet
> to do your work for you when you can't be bothered to do the basic
> research.
>
> If you reply and your next reply doesn't indicate that you're willing to
> do even basic work for yourself, then I won't bother replying again.
>
> At some point, continuing to ask for help from a volunteer community
> without putting in work for yourself crosses the line into being toxic
> behavior and will result in your being kicked from the mailing-list.
> Please consider yourself on notice for abuse.

Noted.

> > > New 'operational values'?
> >
> > Are
> >
> > Uname
> >
> > and
> >
> > the revelant configuration files
> >
> > needed?
>
> No, what's needed is for you to look at your configuration, read the
> comments, and think about the advice offered so far.
>
> If your configuration is anything like the default supplied with Exim,
> then in the main configuration section will be "domainlist
> local_domains" and "domainlist relay_to_domains".

Did check those and they seem to be correct on both parts.

> Think about the domain in question, think about what _should_ happen
> with it, read the configuration, understand where you're configuring the
> domains, and add the domain to the right place.
>
> -Phil

All right.

Also, I do not know what happened between states in FreeBSD ,
I was going to compile Exim from source however I bump into
the following:

make
/bin/sh scripts/source_checks
>>> Creating lookups/Makefile for building dynamic modules
>>> New Makefile & lookups/Makefile installed
>>> Use "make makefile" if you need to force rebuilding of the makefile

/bin/sh ../scripts/Configure-config.h "make"
`buildconfig' is up to date.
Building configuration file config.h
>>> config.h built

>>> version 4.89 #8

/bin/sh ../scripts/Configure-eximon
>>> eximon script built

/usr/bin/cc -DCOMPILE_UTILITY spool_in.c
In file included from spool_in.c:12:
In file included from ./exim.h:492:
./macros.h:231:3: error: expected identifier
  DTYPE_NONE,
  ^
/usr/include/sys/file.h:56:20: note: expanded from macro 'DTYPE_NONE'
#define DTYPE_NONE      0       /* not yet initialized */
                     ^
1 error generated.

And this just popped up.

Talk Sense to a fool and he calls you foolish - Euripides