Re: [exim] 4 issues to fix

Author: Phil Pennock
To: The Doctor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4 issues to fix
On 2017-10-06 at 17:50 -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 05:28:43PM -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> > Current version of the FreeBSD 11 port
> >
> > /usr/local/sbin/exim -bd -q1m -C /usr/local/etc/exim/configure.out

Is the Exim binary setuid?
Is the filesystem mounted nosuid?
Eg, if zfs: zfs get setuid /usr/local/sbin

If a program is crashing on a signal on FreeBSD then by default there
will be a message written to dmesg. If you run dmesg, do you see
reports of Exim dying?

> > > Because the delivery process is dying.
> >
> > How is that?

Are you trolling? Seriously? Point 1, the delivery process is dying.

> > Will read
> >
> > Basically we just do not need the Originating as, just that it is authenticated
> > and off it going without being rewirttern.

This is not the first time we've been through this dance.

At some point, you need to put in the effort to learn for yourself, or
pay someone to do it, instead of relying upon volunteers on the Internet
to do your work for you when you can't be bothered to do the basic
research.

If you reply and your next reply doesn't indicate that you're willing to
do even basic work for yourself, then I won't bother replying again.

At some point, continuing to ask for help from a volunteer community
without putting in work for yourself crosses the line into being toxic
behavior and will result in your being kicked from the mailing-list.
Please consider yourself on notice for abuse.

> > > My first suspicion is that DNS is configured to point the domain at your
> > > servers but you haven't configured it as a local-domain or
> > > relay-for-domain in either of the relevant domainlists.
> >
> > New 'operational values'?
>
> Are
>
> Uname
>
> and
>
> the revelant configuration files
>
> needed?

No, what's needed is for you to look at your configuration, read the
comments, and think about the advice offered so far.

If your configuration is anything like the default supplied with Exim,
then in the main configuration section will be "domainlist
local_domains" and "domainlist relay_to_domains".

Think about the domain in question, think about what _should_ happen
with it, read the configuration, understand where you're configuring the
domains, and add the domain to the right place.

-Phil