Re: [exim] set return_path in config gives error

Góra strony
Autor: Adam D. Barratt
Dla: Andy Smith, exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] set return_path in config gives error
On Wed, 2017-10-04 at 19:10 +0200, Andy Smith via Exim-users wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
>   I want to set the return path to $sender_address, so I checked the
> documentation here:
>
> https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-some_com
> mon_configuration_settings.html
>

> And tried applying that to my smarthost config:
>
> smart_route:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = !+local_domains
> transport = remote_smtp
> return_path = $sender_address
> #return_path = ${if{$return_path}{$sender_address}fail}}
> route_list = * my.internal.ip.address
>
> but I get an error "option "return_path" unknown". What am I doing
> wrong?

Your example is a router. As the page you quoted says "Envelope sender
addresses can be modified by Exim using two different facilities: the
errors_to option on a router (as shown in previous mailing list
examples), or the return_path option on a transport." If you want to
apply the modification on the router, you need "errors_to".

Regards,

Adam