Re: [exim] Experimental SPF

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Nowe tematy: [exim] Implementation of SPF - flaw?
Temat: Re: [exim] Experimental SPF
Hi,

Hardy <bulk@???> (Mo 25 Sep 2017 09:17:34 CEST):
> Hi,
> > and clearly does not include localhost. So passing messags from
> > localhost might be a feature of SPF in general or of the implementation
> > in Exim.
>
> I wouldn't think localhost is handled special by SPF, but usually (in
> standard- and example configs) you have a very early rule ACCEPTing existing
> local users, before it does any "expensive" (netwise: DNS lookup etc.)
> actions. In this case your SPF is not even tested, which is the aim of this
> rule. You wouldn't want to greylist internal addresses either, would you?

The debug output of my test session from localhost to localhost shows
that SPF was in use and gave 'pass' to localhost (with some note about
"localhost is always allowed")

The string "localhost is always allowed." can be found in libspf2.a

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann