Re: [exim] Experimental SPF

Góra strony
Autor: Hardy
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Experimental SPF
Hi,

as I had a shell-script-driven approach to greylisting, battle address
harvesters a.s.o. I also included SPF there and do not use the
experimental built-in. But I think I can give you both at least a hint
on your localhost Q and observation

> and clearly does not include localhost. So passing messags from
> localhost might be a feature of SPF in general or of the implementation
> in Exim.

I wouldn't think localhost is handled special by SPF, but usually (in
standard- and example configs) you have a very early rule ACCEPTing
existing local users, before it does any "expensive" (netwise: DNS
lookup etc.) actions. In this case your SPF is not even tested, which is
the aim of this rule. You wouldn't want to greylist internal addresses
either, would you?

Hardy