Re: [exim-dev] feature request for exim: query DNSBL provide…

Author: Vsevolod Stakhov
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] feature request for exim: query DNSBL providers' DNS servers directly
On 11/09/17 23:35, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2017-09-11 at 20:58 +0200, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-dev wrote:
>> I'm not sure if I got it. You want to re-invent a caching name service
>> inside Exim?
>
> No, just a resolver which can be custom-configured. There's a lot of
> value for spam-fighting in being able to do custom DNS queries, although
> whether that belongs in Exim vs rspamd or whatever is a different
> question.

That's all doable in Rspamd indeed: it has its own resolver library and
it uses persistent processes which also allows caching if needed (and it
uses quite powerful LFU algorithm: http://antirez.com/news/109).

However, the current integration between Rspamd and Exim is not very
good so far (legacy proto which I have to support in Rspamd just for
Exim, absence of interaction on before-data stages and so on). Perhaps,
it is a topic of some separate discussion at some point...