Re: [exim] Routers - Headers

Author: Rob Gunther
Subject: Re: [exim] Routers - Headers
Yes, router based is what I was looking at. Here is a rundown of what I am
trying to do. Let me say that there are NO local users on the machine at
all. It is just for processing mail in, scan for spam, process some SPF
stuff etc. and then back out for delivery.

When a message comes in, I am using acl_smtp_data to check messages for
spam. The spam checker has no idea who the user is, just gives its opinion
of the spam content.

We do not reject spam in the ACL, we accept all of it.

We store the spam score and recipients to a variable in the ACL so the info
can be referenced later.

Then we drop down into the routers, where we do stuff with SPF, user
aliases, domain aliases etc. One of the routers deals with catch-all, if
the domain uses catch-all direct all unknown recipients to the catch-all
address.

Then the next router is deciding if the spam should be placed in
quarantine. What was the spam score, what is the user preference etc. One
of the conditions is if the message is a catch-all message or not, if it is
a catch-all message there is no spam quarantine.

So the decision of the catch-all router is what we are trying to gain
access to. What action is the catch-all router doing and can we act on it
in our quarantine router.

May have to keep digging on this, move the quarantine function to transport
or something... if anyone has a bright idea please let me know.

Rob