Re: [exim] How to go about 'saving bits'

Author: Hardy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to go about 'saving bits'
On 07.08.2017 10:43, Dave Lugo wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2017, Rob Gunther via Exim-users wrote:
>>

>> I guess the question is, how can I make a little file for every message
>> processed and drop some variables into it so we can have an external
>> process read them later?
>>

> You could use logwrite, and have something parse from the logfile.

Yes, I would always prefer a simplistic grepable.
I use something like this just before the message is accepted:

warn    condition = yes
                 log_message = Processed: $h_From:, $h_To:, $h_Subject:

Fill in the fields you need. I am not sure you need the condition. IIRC
empty is true?

> This might also be useful for you -
>
> https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20070831.135525.1da8be11.en.html

Nifty one! But for a more complex matter.