[exim] another 4.68 plus - using rate-limiting to auto-white…

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] another 4.68 plus - using rate-limiting to auto-whitelist

When I mentioned I wanted to add autowhitelisting, Marc Perkel
suggested I look at the ratelimit stuff. So I did, and was very
pleased :) I've been using this on my vanity domains for about a
month now.

NOTE: This does NOT work w/ pre 4.68, as the `noupdate` stuff is needed.)

In the rcpt acl:

For mail _from_ your users to external addresses, add this to the
appropriate place-

    ratelimit     = 0 / 52w / per_cmd / strict / ${lc:$sender_address:$local_part@$domain}

I call the above from a sub-acl that is traversed only on
internal->external mail flow. Adjust for your setup as
needed.

For mail _to_ your users, add these bits:

    warn ratelimit  = 0 / 52w / per_cmd / strict / noupdate / ${lc:$local_part@$domain:$sender_address}
        set acl_m7  = $sender_rate

    accept condition = ${if >={${sg{$acl_m7}{[.].*}{}}}{1}}
         add_header  = X-Whitelisted: Auto

The above has the effect of whitelisting external recipients that
your users send mail to. As long as at least one email (to the
external rcpt) is sent per year, they'll remain autowhitelisted for