Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.30-RC1 test release

Author: ph10
To: Petr Pisar
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.30-RC1 test release
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Petr Pisar via Pcre-dev wrote:

> I think you forgot to add the src/sljit/sljitProtExecAllocator.c into
> EXTRA_DIST variable in Makefile.am.

I did (or, rather, I didn't notice the extra file when Zoltán did the
work). Now fixed.

> The attached patch adds pcre2_set_recursion_limit() back to the library.

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I have committed the patch.

> -    fprintf(outfile, "** Pattern conversion error at offset %lu: ",
> +    fprintf(outfile, "** Pattern conversion error at offset %zu: ",

Also committed.

> I've already forgot on your attitude to ISO C90 formatters. I can see
> one %zd usage in src/pcre2test, but also various %llu for size_t. I
> don't know which one you prefer.

I don't have an attitude! I stuck with C90 for a long time, but recently,
and especially for PCRE2, I have used features from later C standards.
But I haven't really kept up with the standards, and my brain is set in
its ways and forgets about things like %z. Maybe this episode will
stick and I might remember in future.

Thank you very much for all the testing you do, and for providing
patches as well as diagnosing the problems. It is extremely helpful to
have someone who knows much more than I do about different OS and
library naming (to name but two things) scrutinizing each release.

Do you think it is worth putting out -RC2 at this stage?

Philip

--
Philip Hazel