Re: [exim] Retiring old build targets

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Retiring old build targets
Hi, Jeremy

* Jeremy Harris [2017-07-19 11:29]:

> I'm considering renaming, possibly removing, some of the support
> in the Exim sourcebase for "older" build targets. Either way,
> for any this applies to, builds will no longer work.
>
> I suspect that many of these are moribund and would fail if attempted.
> The intent is to avoid claiming, by the presence of the makefiles etc.
> that they still do.

[...]
> Of those I think the following could be abandoned:

[...]
> DragonFly

DragonFly BSD is very much alive and is building Exim just fine:

https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DeltaPorts/blob/master/ports/mail/exim/STATUS

The DragonFly Exim port (aka. DPort) has been updated 14 days ago:

https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/blob/master/mail/exim/Makefile

Regarding DPorts:

    DPorts is DragonFly's own third-party software build system. It is based
    on FreeBSD's Ports Collection. Differences between ports and DPorts are
    intentionally kept to a minimum, both to maintain familiarity for mutual
    users of both operating systems and also to leverage the tremendous
    amount of work the FreeBSD contributors put into ports. DPorts can and
    does feature ports unique to DragonFly, so it's truly a native system.

So as long as it works on FreeBSD, it will also likely work on
DragonFly.

--
    -- Kirill Miazine <km@???>