[exim] Retiring old build targets

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim users, exim-maintainers
Subject: [exim] Retiring old build targets
I'm considering renaming, possibly removing, some of the support
in the Exim sourcebase for "older" build targets. Either way,
for any this applies to, builds will no longer work.

I suspect that many of these are moribund and would fail if attempted.
The intent is to avoid claiming, by the presence of the makefiles etc.
that they still do.

The current list is:

AIX
BSDI
CYGWIN
Darwin
DGUX
DragonFly
FreeBSD
GNU
GNUkFreeBSD
GNUkNetBSD
HI-OSF
HI-UX
HP-UX
HP-UX-9
IRIX
IRIX6
IRIX632
IRIX65
Linux
mips
NetBSD
NetBSD-a.out
OpenBSD
OpenUNIX
OSF1
QNX
SCO
SCO_SV
SunOS4
SunOS5
SunOS5-hal
ULTRIX
UNIX_SV
Unixware7
USG

Of those I think the following could be abandoned:

BSDI
Darwin
DGUX
DragonFly
HI-OSF
HI-UX
IRIX
IRIX6
IRIX632
IRIX65
mips
OpenUNIX
OSF1
QNX
SCO
SCO_SV
SunOS4
SunOS5-hal
ULTRIX
UNIX_SV
Unixware7
USG

Please speak up if your preferred OS requires one of those. Be prepared
to commission and monitor a buildfarm animal
( https://buildfarm.exim.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl )
for ongoing regression-testing on that OS.

- --
Cheers,
Jeremy