Re: [exim] Changing envelope from address to actual recipien…

Góra strony
Autor: Andrew C Aitchison
Dla: soumya tr
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Temat: Re: [exim] Changing envelope from address to actual recipient address in forwarded mails
On Fri, 26 May 2017, soumya tr via Exim-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a forwarder set. All the outgoing mails relay via a3rd party mail
> app . In the 3rd party app I have mentioned the list of allowed domains
> that can send out mails.
>
> But as all the forwarder mails have from address as the actual from, 3rd
> party app is rejecting it. So I was thinking of changing the envelop header
> of the mail to that of actual recipient in the server. Is it possible to
> achieve it via routers? Is there any other way I can handle this?

I aren't using the standard jargon (there is no good reason
why you should) and I'm finding your description a little
difficult to understand, but I think you have the right idea.

I *think* the 3rd paty app is rejecting these emails because
they fail SPF; the usual way to fix this is indeed to use the
incoming recipient address (although it is not commonly described
that way) - or something based on that - as the outgoing envelope
From address. This is known as SRS and I think that would be correct
thing for you to do.

I'm afraid that I don't remember how to implement SRS in exim.

Good luck,

--
Andrew C Aitchison        Cambridge, UK