Re: [exim] Using named queues

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using named queues
On 11/05/17 14:31, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> I want to use a named queue for getting a grip on some spammers that use
> phished accounts on my system.
> I have an acl which puts the mails into a queue called "delayed" and
> those mails get delivered. But how do I do things with this "delayed"
> queue?

If you don't do anything with it apart from writing into it, no need
to freeze. Nothing happens by magic to it.

Your admin could run deliveries manually for individual items,
once vetted:

exim -qG <queue-name> -M <message-id>

> Or use this queue to relay mails to a junk host which will send
> out the mails slowly and where it doesn't hurt if its IP gets burned.

A queue-runner for that queue, and by-queuename knowlege in your routers.

Hope that helps.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy