Re: [exim] require verify = sender description

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: Dave Restall - System Administrator,,,
CC: exim-users, cks
Temat: Re: [exim] require verify = sender description
> how does verify = sender work. I can't find anything that says what
> it does exactly in the docs. I'm seeing a valid sender get rejected
> several times before being finally accepted.

As Jeremy Harris covered, 'verify = sender' attempts to route the
sender address and uses the result. One consequence of this is that
you can manually test whether a sender address will route and why
it's failing with 'exim -bt <address>', possibly adding debug flags
as necessary to extract things like DNS failure information.

(If the DNS failure is erratic, this may not entirely help. In that
case, force-flushing or force-restarting the DNS cache of your local
resolving DNS server may help to make the problem happen.)

    - cks