Re: [exim] Discard mail to certain recipients if the subject…

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: Mike Brudenell
CC: Exim Users, cks
Temat: Re: [exim] Discard mail to certain recipients if the subject matches a string
> Chris' solution seems neater and simpler; I always forget about using
> setting variables like that. (Starts musing on how to rewrite a somewhat
> convoluted test in my own Exim config!)
>
> On 5 April 2017 at 16:06, Chris Siebenmann <cks@???> wrote:
>
> > Something like:
> >
> >         warn
> >                 local_parts = <recipient 1> : <recipient 2>
> >                 set acl_m0_nocommit = 1

> However I'd guess you want to stick with using *recipients* instead of
> *local_parts* though to check the full email address rather than just the
> local part (to the left of the "@"). Otherwise it would trigger on an
> address elsewhere in the world that happened to use the same local part as
> one of the recipients you're checking for.

Yes, generally, although it depends on who you accept email for.
If you only accept email for your local domain or domains and they have
a common set of local recipients (ie 'fred.smith@<anything we accept>'
always goes to the same person), then you can get away with just using
local_parts. If you're acting as a relay point or have virtual hosts with
different local recipients, you need to be more selective.

    - cks
(I will admit that I used local_parts in my example because I didn't want
to bother looking up the Exim syntax for checking the full recipient
address.)