Re: [exim] host IP whitelist

Author: kuncho pencho
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] host IP whitelist
Hi,

See this page, maybe it helps.

http://lena.kiev.ua/Lena-eximconf-run.txt

>-------- Оригинално писмо --------

>От: Phillip Carroll postmaster@???

>Относно: [exim] host IP whitelist

>До: Exim

>Изпратено на: 23.03.2017 02:39

Hi all,

My intent is to employ a whitelist of trusted host IPs.

I am trying to employ an example straight from the current (4.89) exim

manual, without success.

The specific example that seems to not work as intended is from the

description of match_ip in Chapter 11. Namely:

       ${if match_ip{$sender_host_address}{iplsearch;/some/file}...

I have tried the following in the mail acl:

accept logwrite = some text

condition = ${if match_ip{$sender_host_address} \

                            {iplsearch;/path/to/whitelist.hosts}}

Where: whitelist.hosts contains exactly one line, containing a single

simple IP4 address, ala:

12.34.56.78: some descriptive text

The result of this code is to accept EVERY host that connects. (As

indicated by the message written to the main log. Basically any random

IP satisfies the match_ip condition. I hope someone can describe which

part of the condition I have misread in the manual:

    a) match_ip

    b) iplsearch

    c) the file contents

--