Re: [exim] host IP whitelist

Author: Phillip Carroll
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] host IP whitelist
On 3/23/2017 12:09 AM, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote:
>> ...I have tried the following in the mail acl:
>>   accept logwrite = some text
>>   condition = ${if match_ip{$sender_host_address} \
>>                            {iplsearch;/path/to/whitelist.hosts}}

>     accept
>            hosts    = net-iplsearch;/path/to/whitelist
>            logwrite = …

> Your finding is wrong. The fact that the log message gets written
> doesn't imply that the messages is accepted. The order of the statements
> matter.
>
> According to the spec, 'logwrite' fires immediatly, in contrast to
> 'log_message' and 'message'.

Thanks, Heiko. A closer reading of the log revealed all of the random
"accepts" were actually handled (rejected or accepted) by later verbs in
the same ACL.

Your accept construct is also vastly simpler than the example I followed.

As to logwrite: The authors of exim's linguistic constructions are
clearly Emerson devotees...
("A foolish consistency...")

--
Phil Carroll