Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC4 uploaded

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Odhiambo Washington, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC4 uploaded
On 12 February 2017 at 14:57, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:

> On 2017-02-12 at 11:35 +0000, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > What version of the OS is it? Is it a supported release of FreeBSD?
>
> Looks like 9.3 only stopped being supported six weeks ago.
>
> Anyone not using a supported version of their OS is playing with fire,
> but I don't want this to be our problem. Just when you have a major
> security hole and no patches, remember: it's still not our problem.
>
> I've committed a change so that we only assume iconv is in libc from
> FreeBSD 10 onwards.
>
> -Phil
>
> PS: the change was in README.UPDATING too

Yes, it is FreeBSD 9.3.

FreeBSD gw.dom.ain 9.3-STABLE FreeBSD 9.3-STABLE #0 r297836M

I have a few servers still on FreeBSD-8.4 and in those it compiled so
cleanly, same to another one on FreeBSD-11. For the first time there was
zero warnings on those three.
The reason I asked if there is something specific I should do is because I
had no problems with 8.4, so 9.3 being in between, much as it's not anymore
supported...you see my stupid line of thought? :-)

Commenting out the suggested line leads to a clean, successful build. Thank
you.

*I am planning upgrades for these _production_ servers*

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,