Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC4 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Odhiambo Washington
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC4 uploaded
On 2017-02-12 at 12:43 +0300, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> On 12 February 2017 at 04:25, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> > I have uploaded Exim 4.89 RC4 to:

> > Since RC3: [...]
> > FreeBSD builds now try to use iconv from base libc; [...]

> On one particular server where I have successfully compiled RC1 to RC3, I
> have RC4 failing, meaning I need to fix something..

What version of the OS is it? Is it a supported release of FreeBSD?

If you're running on a version of FreeBSD which is no longer getting
security fixes, then edit OS/os.h-FreeBSD and comment out the line:

#define LIBICONV_PLUG

The missing symbols should all be in libc in any version of FreeBSD
which is maintained.

If your version of FreeBSD is current and you're still getting this, I
can look more closely.

-Phil