Re: [exim] block replies only

Góra strony
Autor: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] block replies only
On Ter, 07 Fev 2017, Terry via Exim-users wrote:
> Is it possible to block reply emails only to a single address but
> not the original emails please ?
> So if you send me a new email that is fine I then reply to your
> email I do not want a reply back to that. I would need to forward it
> else where.
> We are basically trying to automate some thing but running into
> problems when people reply so if I could do some thing server end
> that would be handy

There isn't a real distinction between a reply and a new email. Not a
100% reliable one, anyway.

Replies should have a References and/or In-Reply-To header, but many
MUAs don't add this (and break threads for mail clients that do proper
threading).

It's also common for the subject to start with "Re:", but there are
variations such as "RES:", "AW:", and so on. And I've seen new mails
with "Re:" in the subject. Maybe the user copied and pasted and didn't
remove that, or since most mails have "Re:" he tought all subjects
should have it.

TL;DR: There are potential ways to identify replies, but none is 100%
guaranteed to work.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@???