Re: [exim] Lack of demime support in latest verstion + more.

Author: Kurt Jaeger
To: kamil kapturkiewicz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Lack of demime support in latest verstion + more.
Hi!

[demime missing]
> How can I bring back this functionality?

There was some talk about that recently:

The replacements are the ACLs acl_smtp_mime and acl_not_smtp_mime.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html

The acl_smtp_mime global option specifies an ACL that is called
once for each MIME part of an SMTP message, including multipart
types, in the sequence of their position in the message.

Similarly, the acl_not_smtp_mime option specifies an ACL that is
used for the MIME parts of non-SMTP messages. These options may
both refer to the same ACL if you want the same processing in both
cases.

But: I don't have a working replacement, either 8-(

> I have another problem with blocking spamers with no rev DNS. I have added to my configuration:
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
>
> accept hosts = :
>
>   deny message = Broken Reverse DNS no host name found for IP address $sender_host_address
>         condition = ${if and\
>         {{def:sender_host_address}\
>         {!def:sender_host_name}}\
>         {yes}{no}}

> It generally works, but it also refuse sending emails from
> authenticated users. Where I should move this to allow sending
> emails for authenticated users regardless of their rev DNS status?

Put this before your DNS check rule, I think this will fix it.

accept authenticated = *

--
pi@???            +49 171 3101372                         3 years to go !