Re: [exim] Retry rules don't seem to work in 4.88

Góra strony
Autor: Dan Liles
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Retry rules don't seem to work in 4.88
Hello Phil,

Thanks for the clarification - it appears centos uses -q1h so a new runner
every hour.

I am also calling exim -q with no other parameters as part of my process of
inserting items in the queue as well as trying exim -odb -M <msgid>.

I hope that answers your questions.

So what do you guys think I should do to diagnose this?

What I think is happening is that the connection is being dropped by google
with out a response so it's not getting logged as an attempt which is
forcing another retry and basically it get's in a loop trying to send the
same message over and over again.

Should I try a packet sniffer to look at all the packets being sent when a
message gets in this state? I've also noticed an event for tcp connect and
smtp connect that I could add some logging to but depending on where the
issue lies it could be hard to try to diagnose relying on exims logging.

Anyway - any pointers, suggestions or comments you could provide on how to
track this issue down would be wonderful.

I'll let you know what I find.

Dan