Re: [exim] Retry rules don't seem to work in 4.88

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Dan Liles
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Retry rules don't seem to work in 4.88
On 2017-02-02 at 10:54 -0600, Dan Liles wrote:
> Thank you so much for your replies. I've got answers below for all your questions and comments.

> I've looked at Mike's recommendations for command line options but

[...]

My question was about how it is started and explicitly mentioned the -q*
flags.

For instance, if I send my running daemon a SIGHUP so that it restarts,
then it logs:

  2017-02-02 19:22:15 [56860] exim 4.88 daemon started: pid=56860, -q2m,
                              listening for SMTP on [... snip ...]

See that "-q2m"? That's the thing telling Exim that it needs to
periodically start queue-runners, to go through the queue and try
deliveries. If you don't start the daemon with that option, then you
need to start queue-runners yourself instead; cron is the usual method
for that.

Eg, if you start Exim from inetd, then you'll start queue-runners from
cron. If you run Exim as a stand-alone daemon, then you'll usually tell
it to start queue-runners itself.

-Phil