Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC1 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC1 uploaded
On 2017-01-30 at 22:54 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Tentatively thinking of an RC2 on Thursday, unless something less
> cosmetic comes up in the mean-time.

Known regression: Proxy Protocol v2 broken in RC1. Fixed in master,
will be cherry-picked into RC2.

In unbreaking TLS-on-connect in combination with Proxy Protocol (had
never worked) I fixed PPv1 but did not look closely enough at PPv2; I
not only didn't fix TLS-on-connect for PPv2 but also introduced a
regression which stopped PPv2 from working at all.

Folks may be heartened to know that this was caught by our build farm
test suite doing CI testing of the master branch.

RC2 will be cut either on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

If all goes smoothly, I currently expect to cut 4.89 release on Monday
20th February. If no major issues crop up with RC2, that will give us a
week of baking.

-Phil