Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC1 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC1 uploaded
On 2017-01-30 at 21:51 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> I have uploaded Exim 4.89 RC1 to:
>
>     https://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/test/

> This is a stabilization release containing a number of bug-fixes; the RC
> process for 4.89 will be accepting bug-fixes only, with a release-branch
> in git so that any developments need to be explicitly carried across.
>
> As of RC1, I have not yet done a full sweep to ensure that documentation
> correctly marks new features; the binary appears to identify itself as
> "4.89" not "4.89RC1". All bugs so far identified as critical are
> believed to have been fixed.

The files in the tarball are created with too tight a umask; that has
been fixed for the next RC.

The `spec.txt` and `filter.txt` in the tarball are empty. I missed
that, so I'll chase down why this error didn't abort the release
process, and fix the root cause too.

Tentatively thinking of an RC2 on Thursday, unless something less
cosmetic comes up in the mean-time.

-Phil