Re: [exim] How to suppress some log lines

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: exim-users
CC: cks
Temat: Re: [exim] How to suppress some log lines
> My main log contains lots of lines of the form
>
> SMTP call from example.com dropped: too many $FOO
>
> I would prefer to not log these, as there's nothing I can do about
> them. But I cannot figure out which log_selector flag controls them.
> I know that it is _not_ the flag that controls logging each specific
> FOO. For example, I already have
>
> log_selector = -smtp_syntax_error -smtp_protocol_error ...
>
> but I keep getting the above where FOO == "syntax or protocol errors".

If I'm reading the source code correctly, these are logged to the main
log unconditionally and there is no log selector that controls them. It
might be worth submitting a bug report/RFE to get this changed in the
future, although of course it doesn't help you today.

(This happens in src/src/smtp_in.c, where log_write() is passed a
0 as its first argument and the logging is not conditional on any
checks, just that these events happened.)

    - cks