Re: [exim] [Pkg-exim4-users] rspamd spam scanning fails afte…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Pkg-exim4-users] rspamd spam scanning fails after upgrade to 4.88 bpo on jessie
On 26/01/17 18:45, Thomas Hager wrote:
> While binding its listen ports, Exim tries to set TCP_FASTOPEN via
> setsockopt() on the sockets the daemon created. All of these calls fail
> with ENOPROTOOPT.

Aha, right. You're running on too old a kernel, and I can use that
result (from the setsockopt) in children of the daemon to condition
use of sendto() (TFO active connections) for auxilary connections
(such as to rspamd). I should probably override transport configuration
of hosts_try_fastopen too.

> The SMTP session to the Google MX is handled traditionally with
> socket(), connect() and sendto().

Presumably you'd not set hosts_try_fastopen; the default in 4.88
is empty.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy