Re: [exim] [Pkg-exim4-users] rspamd spam scanning fails afte…

Author: Thomas Hager
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Pkg-exim4-users] rspamd spam scanning fails after upgrade to 4.88 bpo on jessie
On Thu, 2017-01-26 at 09:25 +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 26/01/17 00:04, Thomas Hager wrote:
> > The smtp transports work fine, lookups to the local LDAP daemon
> > too.
> > Only the spamd connectivity is broken.
>
> OK, so the basic usability of TCP Fast Open is present.

No, it seems not. I re-installed 4.88 a few minutes ago and traced the
daemon while sending an e-mail to a Google account.

While binding its listen ports, Exim tries to set TCP_FASTOPEN via
setsockopt() on the sockets the daemon created. All of these calls fail
with ENOPROTOOPT. And that's it, no more TCP_FASTOPEN or MSG_FASTOPEN
after this point.

The SMTP session to the Google MX is handled traditionally with
socket(), connect() and sendto().

> What's your spamd_address setting?

spamd_address      = 127.0.0.1 11333 variant=rspamd

Cheers,
Tom.

--
Thomas "Duke" Hager                               duke@???