Re: [exim] Bug in string expansion of exim configuration?

Author: malcher
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bug in string expansion of exim configuration?
Am 24.12.2016 um 21:34 schrieb Jasen Betts:
> On 2016-12-23, Forum <forum@???> wrote:
>> Am 22.12.2016 um 20:22 schrieb Jasen Betts:
>>
>> As i remeber i did get the same error message in exim 4.84 before with the string without this parenthesis.
>> "eval:10*${lookup" causes the same error crying for a parenthesis.
>>
>> But this string worked before in the delivery section of exim 4.80.
>> Here the string that is currently in usage: "{${eval:10*${lookup mysql{ SELECT DISTINCT spam_threshold ..."
>> So the behaviour of exim has changed.
>>
>> When i have a look at the documentation:
>> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.html
>> i can't find anything about using normal ( parenthesis ). Everywhere {} is used, so i expected to use this.
> It says parentheses in the second sentence in the section about ${eval:
> and two of the example expressions in that section use parentheses.

Sorry - i don't find it.

Whatever - the main thing is that the behaviour of Exim has changed and now it is crying for the right parenthesis.
So it would be helpful if it is documented.

For me the best way is always an example showing this case direct in the documentation section of
"${eval:<string>} and ${eval10:<string>}"