Re: [exim] HowTo integrate Spamassassin working?

Author: Forum
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] HowTo integrate Spamassassin working?
Am 22.12.2016 um 14:58 schrieb Jeremy Harris:
> On 22/12/16 13:44, Forum wrote:
>> It is not clear how spamassasin is used or should be used in exim.
> Spamassain is not part of Exim. You may use it with Exim; there
> is an interface provided. You do not have to.

Please - you want to tell me that you will use a mailsystem without spam protection today?

Exim can operate with spamassassin.
So please tell how this will work?

It must be defined in the configuration.
The configuration is exim specific.
How i should know how to do this?

>> I am generally confused with the exim configuration file. :-)
> The documentation for the current version of Exim is here:
>     http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/

Here is all i can find for this:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html

Only very small examples:

Here is a simple example of the use of the spam condition in a DATA ACL:

deny message = This message was classified as SPAM
     spam = joe

For example:

deny message = This message was classified as SPAM
     condition = ${if < {$message_size}{10K}}
     spam = nobody

Here is a longer, commented example of the use of the spam condition:

# put headers in all messages (no matter if spam or not)
warn  spam = nobody:true
      add_header = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
      add_header = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report

# add second subject line with *SPAM* marker when message
# is over threshold
warn  spam = nobody
      add_header = Subject: *SPAM* $h_Subject:

# reject spam at high scores (> 12)
deny  message = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
      spam = nobody:true
      condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{120}{1}{0}}

Only a deny if it is spam!

How to alter the subject or doing something other intelligent thing such moving it to a spam folder?

Cheers
Karsten