Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 on Coverity Scan

Author: ph10
To: Giuseppe D'Angelo
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 on Coverity Scan
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:

> It was indeed the 10.22 tarball, which ships as part of Qt.

OK, so it won't have all the latest patches. I'm planning on putting out
10.23-RC1 in January with a view to an actual release at the end of the
month.

> I can only get a summary and from it I can't quite judge what Coverity
> is thinking about the issue. For instance:
>
> *** CID 11125: Null pointer dereferences (FORWARD_NULL)
> /qtbase/src/3rdparty/pcre2/src/pcre2_jit_compile.c: 10408 in
> compile_braminzero_backtrackingpath()

That's in Zoltán's code. We'll have to ask him if it's a genuine issue.
(Are you seeing this, Zoltán?)

> Ok, then, can I just go ahead and ask for a PCRE2 project?

> Right, it looks like only Zoltan can add more people to it.

Hmm. I think we need to consult Zoltán about this. If he set up the PCRE
project he might have thoughts or plans as to what to do with it.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel