Re: [exim-dev] DKIM not built by default, but configure.def…

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] DKIM not built by default, but configure.default contains control=dkim_disable_verify
Hallo Pierre,

Pierre Labastie <pierre.labastie@???> (Fr 09 Dez 2016 18:02:50 CET):

> to test dovecot, I have built exim (release 4.87) as per the BLFS
> instructions, which do not enable TLS.

Hm, I'd say, TLS is a must-have nowadays.

> And I tried to set up thunderbird to
> send email to my local accuont. thunderbird uses smtp even on local host. I
> got errors, which I analyze as follows: Since commit
> f444c2c7e41c8a2b43b6270708e7eb88831f11e0
> Author: Jeremy Harris <jgh146exb@???>
> Date: Wed Jan 6 17:50:06 2016 +0000
>
>     DKIM: Remove embedded copy of PolarSSL and use OpenSSL/GnuTLS library.
>           Bug 1192,

> DKIM is not built by default, but only if TLS is enabled. However the file
> "configure.default" still has
> "control=dkim_disable_verify" in "acl_check_rcpt". This generates syntax
> errors when trying to send a mail locally (and I guess remotely to, but I
> have not checked that) through smtp, since "dkim_disable_verify" is not in
> the list of allowed controls.

Ok, I'll check this and probably put a proper comment into the
configure.default or use our freshly "feature test macros" there.

> The workaround is just to comment out the lines containing
> dkim_disable_verify, at least for my use case. But I'd say that a default
> file should work just out of the box, or there should be a comment telling
> to comment out the faulty lines if DKIM is not built.
> I am too new to exim to know whether it could be fixed with an ${if...}
> statement (or in another way).

.ifdef _HAVE_DKIM
    control = dkim_disable_verify
.endif

could do the trick.

> Note: I have not found how to create an account to bugzilla for reporting a
> bug, sorry.

It is currently disabled, I think. (There was some spammer)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann