[exim-dev] DKIM not built by default, but configure.default…

Góra strony
Autor: Pierre Labastie
Dla: exim-dev
CC: Pierre Labastie
Temat: [exim-dev] DKIM not built by default, but configure.default contains control=dkim_disable_verify
Hi,

Since:
------
commit f444c2c7e41c8a2b43b6270708e7eb88831f11e0
Author: Jeremy Harris <jgh146exb@???>
Date: Wed Jan 6 17:50:06 2016 +0000

     DKIM: Remove embedded copy of PolarSSL and use OpenSSL/GnuTLS library.
           Bug 1192
------
DKIM is not built by default, but only if TLS is enabled.
For my use case, I needed only exim for local delivery, so I did not
build TLS (exim release 4.87).

However the file "configure.default" still has
"control=dkim_disable_verify" in "acl_check_rcpt". This generates syntax
errors when trying to send a mail locally, since dkim_disable_verify is
not in the list of allowed controls.

The workaround is just to comment out the lines containing
dkim_disable_verify, at least for my use case. But I'd say that a
default file should work just out of the box, or there should be a
comment telling to comment out the faulty lines if DKIM is not built.
I am too new to exim to know whether it could be fixed with an ${if...}
statement (or in another way).

Note: I have not found how to create an account for reporting a bug. I
am not subscribed to the list either, so please CC me when replying, thanks.

Regards,
Pierre