Re: [pcre-dev] pcre2-10.22-RC1 is available

Author: ph10
To: Petr Pisar
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] pcre2-10.22-RC1 is available
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Petr Pisar wrote:

> The release builds successfully and passes all tests on these GNU/Linux
> platforms:

Thank you for this testing.

> So far good. But I have concerns about pcre2posix SONAME:
>
> I can see pcre2posix.h added re_cflags member to regex_t structure. That makes
> the structure bigger and the size change is ABI-incompatible change.

You are absolutely right. I had completely forgotten about that when I
was updating the SONAME. I just thought "This is the POSIX API; it can't
change." Doh! Thanks for noticing.

I have edited the value to 1:0:0 and committed the patch, so it will be
correct when 10.22 comes out.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel