Re: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery

Author: jgh
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery
On Jul 2, 2016 03:18, Rob Szarka <szlists@???> wrote:

> In one test with a different address, I did get this message:
>
> Cutthrough cancelled by presence of DKIM signing

Yes; dkim fell into the too-hard basket.
I don't recall why. It might need thinking around the possible cases again.

> (
> not so great, since I assume that means spammers that DKIM sign
> their spam will not get the cutthrough treatment?)

Exactly.

> But in testing with real sender/recipient/IP data pulled from my logs, I
> see no mention at all of cutthrough after processing the warn:
>
> using ACL "check_recipient"
> processing "warn"
> check control = cutthrough_delivery
> warn: condition test succeeded in ACL "check_recipient"
>
> then we eventually hit the relevant acl block and trigger callout
> verification:

> Verifying CUSTOMER

> callout cache: found domain record for CUSTOMER
> dbfn_read: key=CUSTOMER/<ef0d0c3@???>
> callout cache: found address record for CUSTOMER/<ef0d0c3@???>
> callout cache: address record is positive
> ----------- end verify ------------
> accept: condition test succeeded in ACL "check_recipient"
> end of ACL "check_recipient": ACCEPT
> SMTP>> 250 Accepted
> 250 Accepted

We had a cache record for the
recipient so do not need to do an actual callout.

> and then we proceed through DATA

Except that on finishing the RCPT acl we should have noted the lack of open connection left by a verify callout, and made one for the cutthrough.

This case, of the cached positive callout record, probably is not in the testsuite and is buggy. I'll check when I get back from holiday.

In the meantime, exim_dumpdb the callout database and grep for this recipient, then editdb to delete the record.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy