Re: [exim] Need some help with Exim LDAP lookups, please?

Autor: Gary Perkins
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Need some help with Exim LDAP lookups, please?
On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 18:16:33 +0200
Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:

> Gary Perkins <gary.perkins@???> (Fr 01 Jul 2016 11:37:49
> CEST):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen before?
> >
> > I'm setting up a mail server and I'd like an exim router to run
> > lookups to an ldap server, where we have user credentials and mail
> > aliases/groups stored. I already have dovecot authenticating
> > against the ldap server and I can also successfully run
> > 'ldapsearch' queries. So the LDAP server is working from the mail
> > server. It works using either ldap:// or ldaps://.
> >
> > This is what I'm trying to test an exim LDAP lookup:
> >
> > exim -d-all+lookup -be <<'EOF'
> > ${lookup ldap
> > {user='uid=ldapauth,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk'
> > pass='somepassword'
> > ldap:///cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk?member?sub?(cn=everyone)}}
>
> Try using user="…" (double quotes, instead of single quotes)

Oh wow! The double quotes works! I knew it would be something simple!
Spent too much time on this!!

Many thanks Heiko!

Gary.

--
Gary Perkins, Systems Administrator                      Codethink Ltd.
Telephone: +44 7878 315 127              302 Ducie House, Ducie Street,